Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charles TilleyCharles Tilley
    Participant

I have a Macwester Seaforth 36 and am considering installing a Genoa pole and note from pictures of other Macwesters that some have a pole.  I would be grateful for advice on the fittings and their sizes.  Similarly, I would be interested in specifications of those who have installed davits.  Many thanks Charles Tilley (Brizo)

Chris NixonChris Nixon
    Keymaster

Hi Charles

i have gone through all the archive materials on line and other things I have but no sizes were ever given for adding a spinnaker pole, only sizes for the spinnaker and cruising chute sails. One method is to get a piece of wood (2×1) and on a still day put the sail out. Push it out with the piece of wood until you are happy with the set of the sail and then have one made to that length.

Secondly, contact the suppliers of your mast. Tell them the make of boat and foot length of Genoa and they will work it out to make one.

As for the davits, you can get swivel davits which are the best for a Seaforth because of the shape of the transom, or have some made to measure out of stainless steel.

When fitting you will need to reinforce the transom with a minimum of 1” plywood and bond it in (or use stainless steel plate).

Chris

Technical Officer

Charles TilleyCharles Tilley
    Participant

Thanks Chris for your very prompt response.  I will try your suggestion re the pole.

Best wishes and happy new year

Charles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.