Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leonard BADDELEYLeonard BADDELEY
    Participant

Gay Gauntlet, a Mk2 Wight, now has a new owner, David Blackburn. I think he may have joined the association, but I am not sure. Anyway, it is good news that Gay Gauntlet, is to have new lease of life. I will be meeting David down at the yard where she is, next week, and have offered him the use of my 1500psi petrol power washer. Dave tell me he has already sourced a replacement engine, so someday soon she will be back in use. I had better get a move on with my Wight!

Len.

Is it a red hull?

David BlackburnDavid Blackburn
    Participant

Yes Bob, it is a red hull, sadly painted over several times. I feel it’s too big a job to strip it back now.

The name has been changed to Pollyanna, couldn’t settle to Gay Gauntlet.

I have sanded back one side back and weather permitting the other side should be finished next week, ready for an epoxy primer. The topside is original gel coat with anti-slip on the deck and coach roofs, just minor repair and a lot of polishing.  I’m trying to get some work done on the outside while the temperature permits, then inside when is cold. The vinyl will be replaced with cord Carpet. I’ve decided to install the dinette layout, it was an original option.

I’ve had the engine running, the injector pump needs re-furbishing and the header/heat exchanger was missing. There is a replacement in the post on its way to me. I bought an engine so will be able to swap them over, the original will then be re-furbished.

An under floor bulkhead needs replacing along with the mast base block bolts into the bulkheads. All hoses need replacing along with switches and some wiring.

It seems the deck fitting are all leaking but not the windows, I’d have expected at this age to re-seal them. The cleats and tabernacle need re-galvanising.

That’s the short list.

I couldn’t get her out of the boatyard on to transport so had launch to sail her assisted by a rib and it’s engine to another boatyard to lifted out and loaded on to a wagon. On arrival she was lifted off with a Hiab. She is at a farm adjacent to my home. Seems nothing is easy.

I’m aiming to have her ready to launch next April or it could be May or June !Between Boatyards, R. Lyhner

You must be logged in to view attachments.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.