Home Noticeboard Maintenance, Renovation, Repairs Forum Mac26 Exchange window rubber seals

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dominik MünchDominik Münch
    Participant

Hi Mac enthusiasts,

while checking my Mac26 today in the winter storage, I discovered that the rubber seals of the two front windows are leaking water. So, another project for the winter.

Has anyone information about the size of the seals? Or any good tips for the exchange? Anything special to care for?

I wish you Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Dominik

Chris NixonChris Nixon
    Keymaster

Hi

If it was my boat I would take them out and have two new ones made. Due to the age of our boats, the frames may be corroded or distorted as well (where you cannot see it).

Chris

Chris NixonChris Nixon
    Keymaster

Merry Christmas to you and your family from Linda and I.

Participant

Hi Chris,

thanks for your swift answer. But our front windows have no frames. The seals are on one side stuck at the GRP housing and on the other side they’re holding the acrylic glass. Just like this:

Window seals example

Does anyone have an idea?

Greetings

Dominik

Chris NixonChris Nixon
    Keymaster

Hi

A company called Walker Rubber (in Norwich in England) sells this item, but a truck or car company in your country may be able to supply it also.

It may be used for horse box conversions and is used for Land Rover back windows.

If you do use Waller Rubber and they won’t post it to you, I could always receive the parcel from them and then post it out to you.

Chris

Participant

Hi Chris,

indeed I found a company for tractor parts who sells these kind of seals.

Thanks for your help. Happy New Year to Linda and you.

Dominik

Rob WombwellRob Wombwell
    Keymaster

This is a test response

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.