Home Noticeboard Maintenance, Renovation, Repairs Forum Macwester 26 sails & bits

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Taia & Mac ArtistsTaia & Mac Artists
    Participant

Hello family!

Hope you are all doing well 🙂

My partner and I are planning to sail in the beginning of the New Year. First to Southampton from Poole to do some sailing courses as we are very inexperienced and than we would love to make our way to Medetrrenian.

The situation is that we have a little hole in our sales and thought to ask you guys – maybe someone has a spare set of sales?

Than we are looking for a flexible water tank as well and any help, advise or connection which you might offer.

P.S..: we are not sure about the size of anodes for our boat. Does anyone knows?

A ton of thatnks for reading! Love and Light!

Hi

If you look in the classified ads.
    classified- ancillary equipment.

just a few weeks ago, someone was offering sails for a 26:

Show Ad

Chris NixonChris Nixon
    Keymaster

Following on from Bob’s reply, you could always get your sail repaired at a local sailmakers.

As for the anodes, you need at least a pear shaped anode on the hull linked to the shaft, the stern tube, the engine and the rudder. It’s also wise to put a small anode on the shoe fitting of the rudder.

As for the water tank, you need to ask at a reputable chandlers what makes are available to fit your space. Personally, I don’t like flexible tanks as they wear more quickly. I prefer to have a stainless steel one or possibly a modern plastic one (not GRP).

Chris

Technical Officer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.