Home Noticeboard The General Forum Macwester 27 MISTRAL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Edward CreswickEdward Creswick
    Participant

I owned a Macwester 27 called MISTRAL in the early 1980’s and am curious if she is still being sailed.  She was my first keel boat, berthed in Brighton Marina when I bought her in about 1980.  I sold her in about 1987 when she was berthed at Woodbridge Tidemill Marina and I had moved to Switzerland.  When I was buying her I contacted C S J Roy for his recommendation of a surveyor.  He responded that he would be delighted to do the job himself at no charge!  I traveled from Northumberland to Brighton for the event.  It was such a delight to meet the designer and builder, and on his recommendation I bought the boat.  A real gentleman.  I was a member of the Macwester Owners Association for several years, and am curreently a member of the Woodbridge Cruising Club, the CA and the RYA, but recently became boatless due to age and health reasons.  Since MISTRAL I have owned a Janneau Tonic 23, Dehler 32 , Vancouver 34 Pilot, and a Linssen 430 and 40.9.  Anyone know anything more about MISTRAL?  I have very fond memories.

Linda NixonLinda Nixon
    Keymaster

Hi Edward,

I have been the Macwester Membership Secretary since 2010, and there has never been a ‘Mistral’ on my records or inherited database. Sorry that I cannot give you any good news. Hopefully some other member might remember her.

Linda Nixon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.