Home Noticeboard The General Forum Macwester Seaforth 36

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Philip DarmaninPhilip Darmanin
    Participant

I have just purchased a 1979 Macwester Seaforth 36. Quite usable but it needs some TLC but I am really looking forward to bringing it up to date.

Hoping to get lots of ideas from this forum.

You must be logged in to view attachments.

Charles TilleyCharles Tilley
    Participant

Looks like a lovey boat Philip.  We bought our 1986 Macwester Seaforth 36 in November 2021 and are now in our second season based in Bembridge, Isle of Wight.  We are enjoying her, named Brizo, very much.

I know you are keen to learn from others and am happy to share our limited knowledge, but I have a couple of questions which you might be able to help with!

Firstly, I see from the pictures that you have self steering linked to the wheel.  Is it effective and if so what is the make and model.

Secondly, I have a Volvo Perkins MD30A 1986 engine.  I have asked many people but have so far not been able to get an answer as to the optimum RPM for speed and fuel economy.  If you have the same engine, I would welcome your view.

Thanks.  Charles Tilley

Mike HotardMike Hotard
    Participant

Great looking boat Philip. I have had a Seaforth with a BMC engine now 9 years. Happy to help with info on my ownership. When you get time look at the technical library and read some of the past Association journals. There are a number of Seaforth articles. (Many by me! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.