Home Noticeboard The General Forum New to the group

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bryn JonesBryn Jones
    Participant

Hello All,

Great to see all the wonderful examples of Macwesters that are still going strong.

My late father worked for the company mid 70’s onwards in Littlehampton at the Marina site. I remember visiting him at work on a number of occasions and getting to explore the boats – i may well have galivanted around on one of yours!

I’m looking to purchase one in the near future, just a case of finding the right one!

Bryn

Paul BenzingPaul Benzing
    Participant

Hi there all.. I have bought a mac 27 and she sits a little lob sided in the marina.. Unmoved for 2yrs… No water to speak of in bilge… Any idea for the list… Thanks in advance P

Michael mcHughMichael mcHugh
    Participant

I have just put up my Mac 26 for sale in Newhaven. Where are you based. the ad is on the site.. Michael.

Michael mcHughMichael mcHugh
    Participant

I have reduced the asking price on my MacWeste 26. It’s a project but not too difficult for someone who knows what they are doing. I am just not getting the help I need from the yard. I have to wait months for the simplest jobs. I really want an enthusiast to have her and not the yard.

Hi Michael

list to starboard? As I recall ( boat sold in 2019) my 27 had a slight list to starboard. I think that was due to the fuel tank ( usually kept full) and the original battery stowage which was in the starboard cockpit locker, with 2 x 110A/h .
    I modified that by fitting one 75 A/h sealed battery under the aft end of the portside main cabin bunk, dedicated for engine starting, and the 2 x 110 A/h for the navigation and domestic circuits in the bottom of the central compartment under the fore cabin bunk. A pair of 35 sq. mm. cables came back to the 0/1/off/both switch next to the cabin entrance. That was sufficient for an emergency engine start in the event of the dedicated battery going down. That installation was particularly good when I fitted an electric windlass, as the supply cables were very short: full power available for lifting the anchor, as very little voltage loss, and no need for 12 metres of  (horribly expensive) 70 sq. mm. cables back to the main batteries.

Happy sailing for 2022

Bob.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.