Home Noticeboard Web Site Forum New Web Site Now !!! ALIVE !!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rob WombwellRob Wombwell
    Keymaster

The new web site is now up and active. All comments, suggestions, observations, bug notes etc. warmly received.
    Rob W

Geoffrey WrightGeoffrey Wright
    Participant

Hi Rob,

Hmm, well I haven’t been on the Macwester site for many months. Previously it wouldn’t let me in, haha. Great to see the revised and friendly site. Well done to all those concerned. Geoff (Appledorebelle)

Well done Rob.
    Nice presentation, and apparently I logged in with previous password without any hassle !
    Must get into the habit of regular visits.
    Not being a real geek, is there a way of receiving notifications when there are new posts?
    Is anybody preparing an article on the AGM, as unfortunately I was not able to travel this time ?
    All the best
    Bob Tuffnell ( ex Dauphin Blanc 27 mk2 )

Rob WombwellRob Wombwell
    Keymaster

Hiya again Bob

We missed you at the AGM in Hull, but it’s great to see you on the web site, which of course we hope you’ll like and find useful. Having got the thing finally into play, the intention is to keep adding facilities which we think Mac folk will find useful. Our first examples of this are the on-line Navionics Marine Charts and the links to weather services. Over the weekend I intend to put up some new facilities that will allow any club member to quickly (and easily) add Events (like a BBQ, or a local sailing meet up), Posts (so allowing those inclined to post up their adventures and the like), Galleries (like a Post, but primarily a photo based story, which we’ll then layout like a Facebook upload page [washing my mouth out!]), and Classified Ads (when they need to sell or request Mac orientated stuff).

Vis your query about being notified of new posts, that’s called “subscribing”, and you can subscribe (and un-subscribe) to a Forum or a Forum Topic very easily – just open up the Forum, (or Forum Topic if you are focused on one topic) and you’ll see in the top right hand corner “subscribe” link. Clicking on that will ensure you’re emailed whenever new posts come into any Forum (or Topic). Once subscribed the top right hand link changes to “unsubscribe” for the Forum (or Topic) – click on that to cancel you subscription.

In fact I’ll use this forum to post up new facilities on the new web site as we get them going over the next few weeks.

ATB
    Rob
    All the best Rob

Hi Rob

Here’s a test to see if we can get to post a photo.

Article coming up for the Journal, (if I can get to finish it in time), on fitting a holding tank in a 27.

All the best.

Stay safe.

BobHeads with tank

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.