Home Noticeboard Maintenance, Renovation, Repairs Forum Water tank lids on a Seaforth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Walter HaßmannWalter Haßmann
    Participant

Good evening! I have bought a Macwester Seaforth of 1979 vintage which, apparently, has neither been used nor serviced for quite a number of years. Through the transparent lids of both water tanks, I can see there is a lot of muck (“biofilm”) in both of them. However, I simply cannot get the lids of. I assume they never have been opened so far. Now, I’m considering breaking the lids, if only I knew whether (and where) new ones are available, or at least, new rubber seal rings (because I might be able to pull out the seals, thereby ripping them up, but hopefully freeing the lids). Thanks for any ideas!

Walter

Chris NixonChris Nixon
    Keymaster

Hi there.

What are tanks made from – plastic or stainless steel. Are the lids bolted on or screwed on? If you could send me some photos, I could then advise you on how to proceed.

Chris – chris@debyacht.co.uk

Technical Officer

Hi Walter

If you can post a photo, (which is now possible in the forum), click on the photo icon, the most to the right, in the toolbar over the text zone.

As far as I can remember, Macwester Marine only used flexible plastic water tanks, installed under the bunks. ( They are rather like a buoyancy bag used in an Optimist dinghy).

Cheers.

Bob Tuffnell

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.